Next Vacation Countdown

Daisypath Vacation tickers

Friday, February 13, 2009

Life Goes On

No matter how badly you feel, there are some things that you just HAVE to do. Like yesterday. I needed some chicken noodle soup, so I combed my hair (I'm laughing here, as my hair looked so badly that I couldn't do anything with it.........and didn't care!) put on a coat and drove to the store in my sweatpants.

And I'm doctoring a horse. Lena (my riding horse) has an abscess in her right hind foot. The farrier came out Tuesday and told me I needed to soak the foot in hot Epsom salts three (3) times a day for two days. Well of course I was so lousy Tuesday & Wednesday that I didn't take care of the horse. Then yesterday I made my first attempt. She kicked over the bucket once (which was my fault because I was "moving"), but luckily she didn't totally empty the water. So with what was left I got her to keep her foot in for about 10 minutes....ONE TIME ON THURSDAY. I just got back from caring for her tonight, managing to keep the foot in for 15 minutes and she knocked the bucket over not once. But again, only ONE TIME ON FRIDAY. Yesterday she didn't want to take her foot out of the bucket at the end of the session, but she picked her foot up and out about 3 times today. Progress.

But it's hard, because I've still got a terrible head cold and it is extremely uncomfortable to lower my head to be at her foot level. But you do what ya gotta do.

And I even took a shower this afternoon. That really did make me feel better. But two nights sleeping in my chair is plenty. Maybe, although I'm not too hopeful, I'll be able to actually sleep in my bed tonight. That would be nice.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Happy Valentine's Day! Lena is lucky to have your dedication, even when you are feeling so under the weather. You are one tough cookie, Phyllis, yet very loving to boot.